To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
“It has been a very tough season from all points of view, the best decision must be taken for the good of Inter, with the utmost cordiality.””I didn’t like some situations.”The former Chelsea and Juventus boss took over in May 2019 on a three-year contract worth a reported 12 million euros ($14 million) a season.But his relationship with club management and CEO Giuseppe Marotta in particular was reported to be tense.On the final day of the domestic season Conte slammed the fact that players had been offered “little protection from the club”.”I don’t want another year like that.”Marotta, however, insisted last week that “everything was forgotten” after Conte’s heated criticism.It was not the first time Conte has publicly complained about the club.Conte was also critical after the club’s Champions League group-stage exit which he blamed on a lack of investment despite the signing of Romelu Lukaku for 75 million euros.But he still managed to build a competitive team around strikers Lukaku and Lautaro Martinez, which Zhang said made the club “optimistic for the future”.”Conte and his technical staff are doing a great job,” said Zhang.Former Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri had been ready to succeed Conte, whom he also replaced in Turin in 2014, should the former Italy boss quit, according to reports.Allegri parted company with Juventus in 2019 and has also been linked with Paris Saint-Germain, but preferred to stay in Italy. Inter opted for continuity after finishing second just one point behind champions Juventus, with the Chinese owners also confirming confidence in the entire management team.Conte will now lead the club’s bid to topple Juventus with coaching novice Andrea Pirlo having replaced Maurizio Sarri as coach at the nine-time reigning Serie A champions.The 51-year-old Conte’s departure was being heralded following an outburst after Inter Milan’s 3-2 Europa League final defeat to Sevilla last week.”Now we’ll return to Milan, we’ll take a couple of days off. We will try to plan the future of Inter with or without me,” said Conte, after the team missed out on a first trophy since 2011. Antonio Conte will continue at the helm of Inter Milan next season, the club confirmed on Tuesday, only days after the fiery Italian hinted he was ready to quit after just one campaign.Conte held a “constructive meeting focused on continuity and strategy” with the club’s Chinese president Steven Zhang and team management which lasted just over three hours in a villa outside Milan.”The two parties laid the foundations to continue working together on the club’s project,” the club said in a statement. Topics :
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter September 13, 2018 First Lady Frances Wolf, Governor’s Residence, Press Release Harrisburg, PA – First Lady Frances Wolf today invited Pennsylvanians to visit the Governor’s Residence during the fall tour season to view a new public exhibit, “Selections from the Art of the State Purchase Award Collection.” The exhibit was curated by The State Museum of Pennsylvania and coincides with the 50th anniversary celebrations of both the Pennsylvania Governor’s Residence and Art of the State in 2018.“Tom and I feel strongly that the Governor’s Residence should be treated as Pennsylvania’s embassy – a place where we show off Pennsylvania’s best and brightest,” said First Lady Frances Wolf. “These selections from the Art of the State Purchase Awards Collection represent an extremely talented group of Pennsylvania artists. I cannot thank the State Museum enough for bringing this exhibit to the Residence for the benefit of all who visit us here.”Art of the State is an annual juried exhibition that has been showcasing the creations of Pennsylvania’s artists since the late 1960s. The exhibit goes on display every summer in the first-floor galleries of The State Museum of Pennsylvania, located across from the State Capitol Building in downtown Harrisburg. The show is co-presented by the museum and Jump Street. The State Museum of Pennsylvania is administered by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC).As part of each year’s show, the museum selects one or more works of art to be purchased for its permanent collections. Since the works featured in Art of the State have already been vetted through several layers of the jurying process, Purchase Awards represent an elite group of Pennsylvania artists. A recent inventory of the museum’s fine arts collection identified over 50 works associated with Purchase Awards. The museum displayed these works of art in an exhibition in honor of Art of the State’s 50th anniversary in 2017.The collection will be on display at the Governor’s Residence through early 2019.The Pennsylvania Governor’s Residence is open for public tours on Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. during the months of September, October, February, March, April, May, June, and July. Tours are conducted by docents at no charge, however, reservations are required. To schedule a tour, call 717-772-9130. Additionally, the Governor’s Residence is open for self-guided tours during the holiday season: December 3-5, December 10-12, and December 17-19 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Holiday tours do not require a reservation. First Lady Frances Wolf Invites Pennsylvanians to Celebrate ‘Art of the State’ at the Governor’s Residence
The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries welcomed the proposals and the opportunity to comment on them.The IFA’s general counsel, Ben Kemp, told IPE: “A principles-based approach to standard-setting is the way to go. This follows from work the IFA and the FRC have been doing with JFAR [Joint Forum on Actuarial Regulation], including our joint work on the identification of areas of public-interest risk.” He added: “We will continue to work with the FRC through JFAR, respond to the consultation and draw on our expert practice boards. We will also be highlighting the consultation to our members in view of their importance.”The IFA currently regulates 28,000 members around the world.Within the context of the UK, the FRC provides a link between that oversight and the wider public interest.Under this arrangement, the FRC sets technical actuarial standards, which the IFA applies by agreement to its members.The FRC also operates a high-level public interest disciplinary scheme.These latest proposals arise out of the FRC’s technical standard-setting role.They build on the release last year of TAS 100, a more principles-based actuarial regulation framework.The consultation is open until 5 August.The revised TASs are expected to come into force in the summer of 2017.For more information about the consultation, click here The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) has published for consultation a series of proposed changes to the Technical Actuarial Standards (TASs) framework.Introducing the consultation, FRC executive director Melanie McLaren said: “High-quality technical actuarial work is vital in promoting trust in financial markets among the millions of UK pensioners and savers and the many investors who allocate capital.“The proposals are designed to provide further confidence to users who rely on actuarial information. The standards are proportionate, and the simplified structure should make the standards easier to apply.”The consultation is focused on three areas of UK actuarial practice with a “high degree of public interest”, namely pensions, insurance and funeral plan trusts.
Border to Coast is headquartered in Leeds“It has very much been a team effort and we are looking forward to building on this in the future to achieve our aim of making a difference to long-term investment outcomes for our LGPS partners.”Council documents seen by IPE indicated plans for Border to Coast to launch fixed income, diversified growth and alternatives funds from next year.The pool said it expected to be running more than £10bn of its members’ assets by the end of 2018. The 13 member funds have roughly £47bn of assets between them.Border to Coast’s founding LGPS funds are Bedfordshire, Cumbria, Durham, East Riding, Lincolnshire, North Yorkshire, Northumberland, South Yorkshire, Surrey, Teesside, Tyne & Wear, and Warwickshire. Border to Coast Pensions Partnership, one of eight asset pools created by the UK Local Government Pension Schemes (LGPS), has opened its doors with £7bn (€7.9bn) worth of investments in its first two funds.The pension schemes for Teesside, East Riding and South Yorkshire have transferred internally managed equities into funds run by the pool, focusing on UK listed equities and overseas developed market equities.In a statement, Border to Coast said it would launch a second UK equity fund and an emerging markets equity fund in the fourth quarter of this year, followed by a global equity portfolio in the first quarter of 2019.Earlier this month, the pool launched a tender for up to three external UK equity managers to run a portfolio expected to be worth up to £1.25bn. The deadline for submissions is today. Rachel Elwell, CEO of Border to Coast, said: “We are all delighted to have achieved this significant milestone, which is testament to the strong partnership that has been built between our partner funds, with the newly formed Border to Coast and with our advisers and service providers.
Denmark-based shipping company Dampskibsselskabet Norden has expanded its fleet with two MR2 tankers, according to data provided by VesselsValue.The units in questions are the 51,300 dwt Anja Kirk and Marianne Kirk, which were constructed by South Korea’s STX Offshore & Shipbuilding in 2009.VesselsValue data shows that Norden paid USD 18.75 million for each ship.Featuring a length of 183 meters and a beam of 32 meters, the units were purchased from Danish holding and investment company Kirk Kapital on April 27.World Maritime News Staff
The Federalist 16 April 2015Psychologically healthy people do not commit suicide. Changing genders is an outward expression of some form of depression that started long before the suicide.Studies have shown conclusively that suicide is the result of mental illness and untreated depression, but the elite who push for gender change ignore the evidence. Gender-change advocates blame lack of support from parents and society for the suicides of transgender people. Advocates blame bullying, discrimination, and inequality in society—anything but mental illness or depression.In the 1970s, Dr. Charles Ihlenfeld administered hormone therapy to hundreds of transgenders over six years in his practice as an internist and colleague of Dr. Harry Benjamin. His conclusion? He saw too much unhappiness and too many suicides. Not much has changed since the 1970s. Hormone therapy is still administered to transgenders. Suicide still occurs with far too much frequency, and 41 percent of transgenders attempt suicide. Affirming the false belief that changing genders is a cure for depression has not changed the outcome.According to those who study suicide, “Over 90 percent of people who die by suicide have a mental illness at the time of their death. Untreated depression is the number one cause for suicide.” |When transgenders realize sometime later—after a few months, a few years or, in some cases, a few decades—that gender change didn’t resolve their unhappiness, discouragement and depression follow. They experience first-hand that no amount of surgical manipulation of body parts, cross-gender behaviors, or cosmetic changes to appearance will ever medically change a person from one gender to the other.It’s Time to Focus on Preventing Suicide Kyle Scanlon, a female-to-male transgender, lived the life that activists claim will prevent suicide. Fully integrated, supported, and loved, Scanlon was the executive director of the Lesbian Gay Bi Youth Line, and a well-known and well-respected valued leader and mentor in the trans community in Toronto, Canada. He was committed to improving the quality of life for others. Yet, he turned to suicide on July 3, 2012. His friends said he suffered from depression before and after his transition. Not a smidgeon of discrimination or inequality existed in this transgender’s life; no society to blame. He chose to die, even after changing genders.Scanlon, with every possible support for being transgender, still took his life. That should be a lesson for us. You can blame society, but it’s the unresolved mental disorders causing suicide.The time has come to focus first on preventing suicide, not changing genders. We know untreated depression is the leading cause of suicide, but when people tell their doctors they dislike their birth gender and hate their bodies, that fact seems to go out the window. Doctors treat the gender-confused by assisting them toward changing their genders. Perhaps the recklessness of doctors in not identifying mental disorders is causing suicides. For kids, perhaps add in parents and school boards who encourage living the trans life, which places undue psychological pressure on kids who can’t deal with it.Adult and kid suicides will continue as long as doctors fail to effectively diagnose and treat their mental disorders. Kyle’s suicide is the factual evidence, an unfortunate consequence of focusing on the outward appearance when psychological issues run deep inside. Some day we will learn that no amount of change—including all the surgeries to “look good”—will ever be enough to heal the ache inside.READ MORE http://thefederalist.com/2015/04/16/outlawing-psychotherapy-for-trans-kids-will-not-prevent-suicides/
Weekend Area Girls Basketball ScoresSaturday (11-10)South Ripley 63 Jac-Cen-Del 46Batesville 59 North Decatur 37East Central 47 Richmond 20SW-Shelby 54 Oldenburg 44Franklin County 43 Centerville 33Lawrenceburg 65 Rising Sun 37Morristown 75 South Decatur 48Switz. County 54 Henryville 47West Washington 62 SW-Hanover 39Corydon Central ClassicCrawford County 52 South Dearborn 44North Central 50 Tell City 473rd Place-South Dearborn 38 Tell City 18Championship-Crawford County 58 North Central 47Friday (11-9)Girls BasketballUnion County 50 Batesville 31Northeastern 38 Franklin County 36Greensburg 66 Franklin 58South Decatur 48 Rising Sun 42Madison 50 Switz. County 37Waldron 48 SW-Shelby 42Rushville 64 Lawrence Central 57Mt. Vernon 60 Connersville 30Shelbyville 59 Edinburgh 44Corydon Central TourneySouth Dearborn 40 Northeast Dubois 25
BREEDING GILT SHOW RESULTS:GRAND CHAMPION BREEDING GILT: Jack Stirn (Medium Weight)RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION BREEDING GILT: Reagan Flaspohler (Heavy Weight)Champion Light Weight Gilt: Lydia TaylorReserve Champion Light Weight Gilt: Jacob AllgeierChampion Medium Weight Gilt: Jack StirnReserve Champion Medium Weight Gilt: Emma LudwigChampion Heavy Weight Gilt: Reagan FlaspohlerReserve Champion Heavy Weight Gilt: Jack StirnBreeding Gilt Class Results: 1st: Lydia Taylor, Jack Stirn, Reagan Flaspohler 2nd: Jacob Allgeier, Emma Ludwig, Jack Stirn 3rd: David Koch, Jenna Honnert, Kasey Condo 4th: Trevor Hampson, Adam Owens, Izzy Robben 5th: Josh Selm, Jason Honnert, Samuel Bulach 6th: Jeremy Honnert, Garrett Chesnut, Josh Honnert 7th: Abby Allgeier, Josie Selm 8th: Katie SelmMARKET BARROW SHOW RESULTS:GRAND CHAMPION MARKET BARROW: Reagan FlaspohlerRESERVE GRAND CHAMPION MARKET BARROW: Dexter DorrelChampion Light Weight Barrow: Kate DorrelReserve Champion Light Weight Barrow: David KochChampion Light Medium Weight Barrow: Dexter DorrelReserve Champion Light Medium Weight Barrow: Olivia RosemeyerChampion Medium Weight Barrow: Reagan FlaspohlerReserve Champion Medium Weight Barrow: Garrett ChesnutChampion Medium Heavy Weight Barrow: Emma LudwigReserve Champion Medium Heavy Weight Barrow: Adam OwensChampion Heavy Weight Barrow: Kate DorrelReserve Champion Heavy Weight Barrow: Wyatte RoudbushChampion Extra-Heavy Weight Barrow: Brooke BrunsReserve Champion Extra-Heavy Weight Barrow: Mady RosenbergerMarket Barrow Class Results:1st: Kate Dorrel, Dexter Dorrel, Reagan Flaspohler, Emma Ludwig, Kate Dorrel, Brooke Bruns2nd: David Koch, Olivia Rosemeyer, Garrett Chesnut, Adam Owens, Wyatte Roudebush, Mady Rosenberger3rd: Jeremy Honnert, Alexis Koch, Samuel Bulach, Izzy Robben, Dexter Dorrel, Ruby Singer4th: Justin Weaver, Erica Weaver, Joey Kroll, Dylan Bruns, Zachary Schuman, Tyson Rosenberger5th: Eli Amrhein, Evan Vogel, Morgan Campbell, Josh Honnert, Morgan Campbell, Josh Selm6th: Ella Amrhein, Ross Rosemeyer, Kasey Condo, Jenna Honnert, Anna Buckler, Josie Selm7th: Jason Honnert, Hailey Ball, Sara Weaver, Sarah Schuman, Denver Meier, Jacob Allegeier8th: Chase Bruns, Daniel Owens, Anna Buckler, Wyatte Roudebush, Zachary Schuman, Abby Allgeier
Press Association McDermott spoke of his “immense pride” at having been linked with the post at a press conference on Thursday, but confirmed he would be staying put at Leeds, where he succeeded Neil Warnock as manager in April. “My reaction is immense pride more than anything,” McDermott said. “I was sat with my very good friend last night in my flat and we were looking at the Sky Bet odds – Martin O’Neill was top and I was second. “If you consider I’ve been a manager now at this level for four years and to get to that, for me, there’s nothing but pride. “So I’m probably doing something right, which is good, and everybody knows what I feel about Ireland, my family, my history and how important that is to me. “So those would be the words that I would use – incredible pride.” When asked if he wanted the job, or would be offered the job, McDermott said: “No. My situation is that one day I want to manage Ireland, but at this moment I’m at a fantastic football club. “I’ve kind of been adopted here and feel I owe this club and I owe these supporters. “They’re really important to me. I came here in April and certain things were said, but I’m here now and I’m committed 100 per cent. “I would regard Leeds United as a very big club. Very big clubs can spend £50million on players and we can’t do that here, but we can find a way to make us successful. “It’s really important for me that we become successful at Leeds United and one day if I ever get the opportunity – and it’s been a privilege to see my name bandied around – that (Ireland) would be a job that I’d really want to do. “But at this moment I wouldn’t be leaving Leeds United for any other club and in years to come when Leeds get fed up of me, that might be the case and if I got that opportunity I’d have to take it.” McDermott steered Reading to promotion from the Championship in 2012 in his second full season in charge at the Madejski Stadium, but was sacked the following March, with Leeds’ owners quickly turning to the former Arsenal winger to try and get the club back in the Premier League after a 10-year absence. McDermott, 52, was a leading contender to succeed Giovanni Trapattoni, who ended his five-year tenure by mutual consent on Wednesday following Ireland’s World Cup qualifying defeat in Austria. Football Association of Ireland chief executive John Delaney had confirmed that McDermott was high on their list of possible replacements for Trapattoni, while the former Reading boss, whose parents are both Irish, stated publicly last year that it was a lifetime’s ambition to take on the role. Leeds manager Brian McDermott has ruled himself out of the running for the vacant Ireland manager’s job.